CIB is the International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction. It was established in 1953 as an Association whose objectives were to stimulate and facilitate international cooperation and information exchange between governmental research institutes in the building and construction sector, with an emphasis on those institutes engaged in technical fields of research.
The Congress is particularly interested to receive papers that explore how clients and users can address the megatrends of:
- population changes covering demographics, international migration and urbanisation;
- the water, energy, resource, food and climate nexus;
- the changing geo-economic and geopolitical landscape;
- the moving frontier of digitisation and disruptive technologies;
- the global demand for equal access to wealth, health and knowledge.
Selected high-quality papers will be published on the following academic journals:
- Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management
- The Journal of Information Technology in Construction